If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What can I say? I'm the cabbage lady. Anyways, here is the delicious results of some more experimentation with cabbage. —fiveandspice
- 1 medium-large head of red cabbage, cored and sliced finely
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thick (Greek style) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (plus a little more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced preserved lemon (optional but recommended)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta, optional
- Whisk the yogurt, honey, spices, preserved lemon, lemon juice and 1 Tbs. olive oil in a small bowl. Let stand for about 30 minutes to mingle the flavors.
- Heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add in the onion and cook until softened, 3 or so minutes. Then stir in the carrot and cabbage, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the cabbage is getting a bit tender but is still slightly crunchy, around10 minutes.
- Toss the cabbage mixture, the dressing, and the raisins together. Sprinkle with almonds and feta and serve warm over something like cooked farro, quinoa, or couscous, or on its own.