If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to call this Mexican toast but seeing as “French” Is a misnomer too I opted for “Pan.”
The sauce is a combination of maple syrup, orange juice and spice that is a real zing to the palate. If the amount of butter concerns you, you could either use something lower fat or just eat half a serving. —Punk Kin
For the Toast:
4 slices bread ( a chewy bread such as sour dough will get crisper)
2 medium eggs
¼ cup evaporated milk
4 tbs. Butter (1 for the sauce 3 for the toast)
4 tbs. Orange juice
4 tbs maple syrup
1/8 tsp ground cardamon
half a sweet apple (I used ambrosia)sliced thin and diced
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine first 4 ingredients
- melt 1 tbs butter in small saute pan.
- When butter is sizzling, add cinnamon and apples.
- Stir to coat apples for about one minute.
- Add juice-syrup mixture and simmer until it reduces about 4-5 minutes( depending on your stove.*)
- Remove form heat.
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Melt remaining butter in large pan or griddle.
- Drudge bread in egg mixture.
- Drop in pan. fry till golden brown on each side.
- * everyone's stove/pan/heat ratio is different. Its not rocket science its french toast. So I recommend doing the toast however it works best for your kitchen situation.