Author Notes: I wanted to call this Mexican toast but seeing as “French” Is a misnomer too I opted for “Pan.”
The sauce is a combination of maple syrup, orange juice and spice that is a real zing to the palate. If the amount of butter concerns you, you could either use something lower fat or just eat half a serving. —Punk Kin
For the Toast:
4 slices bread ( a chewy bread such as sour dough will get crisper)
2 medium eggs
¼ cup evaporated milk
4 tbs. Butter (1 for the sauce 3 for the toast)
4 tbs. Orange juice
4 tbs maple syrup
1/8 tsp ground cardamon
half a sweet apple (I used ambrosia)sliced thin and diced
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine first 4 ingredients
- melt 1 tbs butter in small saute pan.
- When butter is sizzling, add cinnamon and apples.
- Stir to coat apples for about one minute.
- Add juice-syrup mixture and simmer until it reduces about 4-5 minutes( depending on your stove.*)
- Remove form heat.
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Melt remaining butter in large pan or griddle.
- Drudge bread in egg mixture.
- Drop in pan. fry till golden brown on each side.
- * everyone's stove/pan/heat ratio is different. Its not rocket science its french toast. So I recommend doing the toast however it works best for your kitchen situation.