If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beets and beets leaves (chard). Use purple beets and golden beets for some more color. the unpeeled lemon give this salad extraordinary. —Cordeliah
medium golden beets
medium purple beets
bunches swiss chard
cloves of garlic
cup extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wrap the beets in tin foil and bake them in 360 degree oven for about an hour, or until you can pock with a fork very easily.
- Let them cool for a bit and then take the skin of with your hand (come off very easily). Cut the beets to cubes of 1X1 cm. put in a bowl.
- Take of the stems of the chard leaves. Cut to strips and wash well.
- In a pan warm the 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the chard. Let it wilt for about 5 min while mixing.
- Add the cooked chard to the bowl, with the garlic but without the liquid that came out of the chard.
- Add the vinegar, oil, salt and cut the lemon (including skin) to small cubes and add as well.
- Let seat in the fridge over night and serve at room temperature.