If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from my sister's previous boyfriend, once upon a time. He made this for me when I was about 15 yrs old. I loved it. After many years, I made this and now I want to eat it again & again, its just so good. Dipping sauce like aioli or oil and lemon are not needed whatsoever. I suggest eating it with a good grilled piece of beef. —GourmetGirl
- 4 large spring artichokes
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Clean artichokes by submerging in water for 2 minutes. Cut 1/4 inch off the stem and remove any discolored leaves.
- Boil Artichokes in heavily salted water till just cooked through, about 25 minutes. You can poke a knife in the stem and it should feel tender, but not too soft. Remove artichokes carefully with tongs and let cool for a few minutes.Cut open artichokes with a serrated knife length-wise.
- In a shallow dish add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Lightly swish together with a fork. Place artichokes cut side down in the mixture for about 2 hours.
- Grill marinated artichokes over med-high heat charcoals. 5 minutes each side. If they start to burn from the marinade dripping down, keep a spray bottle near by to put out the fire. Make sure they have good color from the grill before plating. Enjoy!