Author Notes: It was hard for me to make a decision for this week's challenge. The one dish that I want somebody to remember me of......what a tough one! In the end I decided to pick this roasted radish recipe. The first time I made this dish was with a dear friend of mine who is also a chef by night...We love food and love to cook together. we experimented with this radish recipe with an adaption from Kathlyn's kitchen. When I re-made this dish again for my boyfriend's family, everybody fell in love with it...so light and refreshing to the taste pallet. This recipe have been passed on to my sister and has been brought to various functions ....definitely a crowd-pleaser!
Best of all, since right now is spring season, radish is readily available to everyone...so please try this dish at home! —Skinny bitches
For Roasting the Radishes
bunches Fresh radishes
A drizzle of
Extra virgin olive oil
salt for seasoning
Soy Sauce Dressing
cup Soy Sauce
teaspoon sesame oil
splashes of rice wine vinegar
tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
sprigs Chopped scallions for garnish
dashes of white pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Cut the ends off the radishes and quarter them (halve if they are small).
- On a roasting pan, coat radishes with olive oil and season with salt. Roast them at 400F for 20 min.
- Combine the all the soy sauce dressing in one bowl including the sesame seeds (except for the scallions), and whisk them together.
- After 20min of roasting, dress the roasted radishes with the soy sauce dressing and coat the radishes well. Put it back to the oven and roast it for an additional 10min.
- Toss the finished product with the chopped scallions and let it set for 10-15min before serving (so that the soy sauce gets soaked into the yumcious radishes). Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For