Author Notes: Dreamed up after eating blood oranges and cheese. —Stowe Boyd
ounces Manchego Cheese
cup olive oil
cup lemon juice
- Shred arugula and romaine.
- Peel oranges, and separate segments. Cut segments in half, conserving juice.
- Mix any orange juice with lemon juice, and mix with oil.
- Cut the apples into slices, and dress with the juice, lemon mix in a bowl.
- Mix greens with apples and dressing, and plate.
- Slice cheese into thin strips, and spread onto the plates.
- Place blood orange segment on the plates.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples