If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can prepare these in advance, except for the last step (garnishing with Parmesan), and leave them sitting at room temperature for a few hours. When you're ready to eat, rewarm them briefly in the microwave or on the stove before adding the cheese. —Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)
- 1 pound string beans, preferably French, trimmed if necessary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Put the string beans into a small saucepan. Add water to come about 1/3 of the way up. On high heat, bring to a boil and simmer for just 2-3 minutes. Make sure the beans are still a bright green. Drain and leave uncovered.
- Meanwhile, in a large (preferably cast iron) frying pan, heat the butter on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook stirring for about 2 minutes, until the garlic is letting off a nice aroma.
- Add the drained string beans and cook, stirring from time to time, for about 5 minutes to incorporate the flavors.
- Transfer the beans to a serving platter. Sprinkle the cheese over them and serve immediately.