If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the early autumn, my favorite mushrooms, Chanterelles, peak up through the ground and are found quickly on my menu. This pie is comfort food with a capital "C." Other mushrooms can be substituted but Chanterelles really make it sing. —Tall Clover Farm
- 1.5 pounds Chanterelle mushrooms
- 1.5 pounds Chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 large onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sour cream
- PREPARATION OF FILLING
- Saute mushrooms in butter, until tender and most liquid evaporates.
- Add one chopped onion, saute further, until translucent.
- Add diced chicken to pan, cook until tender.
- Add flour, stir, cook for a few more minutes for thickening.
- Add lemon juice, incorporate.
- Add sour cream, incorporate.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- PIE ASSEMBLY
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place baking sheet in oven. Line crust in 9-inch pie plate (10-inch works, too). Add cooled filling to crust. Add and crimp vented top crust. Brush top crust with egg wash (one egg, 1 t. water, mixed).
- BAKING PIE
- With oven at 425 F, place pie on baking sheet in oven, mid-rack. Bake for 15 minutes, or until top crust begins to brown. Lower temperature to 350 F, continue baking. Bake for another 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and center firm. Serve warm (though just as good reheated later).