Author Notes: I make a lot of dips and this is the most requested. It travels well and can be made ahead of time. If I have the time I like to make it with homemade tortilla chips. I'll cut up and bake corn tortilla with a little oil and salt. —leigh frat
ounces crab meat
cans artichoke hearts sliced
ounces cream cheese room temperature
cup sour cream
bunch cilantro finely chopped
pickled jalapeno finely chopped plus 1 -2 tbs pickling liquid
scallions finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a bowl combine the room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, jalapeno, scallions, lime juice, artichoke hearts, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Add one tablespoon of the pickling liquid. I'll keep tasting and adding until I have the heat level I like. I like it when I can taste the heat at the back of my throat. Not too overpowering.
- Fold in the crab meat.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until heated through and bubbling.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip