If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The carrot date bread was completely new for me and I feel in love with it. It’s inviting light-orange color, the sweet carrots and dates and how light it tasted. This loaf is not heavy and it makes for the perfect mid-morning snack or after dinner dessert. —Allison from Haute Box
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup organic unrefined sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 cups freshly grated carrot
- 1 cup dates, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium to large bowl, beat eggs and add sugar and oil. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and beat well. Add carrots and chopped dates. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. Once cooled, remove from loaf pan and enjoy over and over! How about warmed up with a dab of sweet butter?!