If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pasta is healthy and fast to make. It has a few quick steps, so that each main ingredient is cooked to perfection without any overcooking and muddling. The end result is a bright and fresh pasta dish that is addictively good - and good for you. - TasteFood —TasteFood
Food52 Review: Simple and straight forward, this updated spaghetti classic was perfectly balanced. Shrimp and broccolini sauteed with garlic and spice, married nicely with sweet tomatoes and fresh basil. This would be a quick, yummy and healthy weeknight pasta. —jvcooks
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- Exrta-virgin olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled with tail shells intact, deveined
- 3/4 pound broccolini, ends trimmed, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 28 ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 cup whole basil leaves (torn in half if large)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat one tablespoon olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes in a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp in one layer. Cook until pink on both sides and just cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to same skillet. Add broccolini and sprinkle with one teaspoon salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Sauté until crisp tender. Transfer broccolini to another plate.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, one teaspoon salt and one teaspoon black pepper. Simmer 10 minutes, breaking tomatoes apart with a spoon. Taste and if necessary add a pinch of sugar. Stir in shrimp and broccoli; remove from heat. Add spaghetti and toss to combine.
- Transfer spaghetti to a serving bowl. Scatter cheese and basil leaves over pasta and toss one more time. Add a grinding of black pepper. Serve along with extra Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.