ounces Spinach Liguine
Little Neck Clams, scrubbed clean
Mussels, scrubbed clean
Shallots, peeled and chopped
Garlic Cloves, chopped
cup white cooking wine
tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
tablespoons Basil Pesto (previously prepared or store bought)
teaspoon kosher salt
tablespoons Bottled clear clam juice
tablespoons Chopped Mix herbs, such as Basil, Parsley, Oreganno, Thyme. Anything available really works
In This Recipe
- In a large dutch oven pan, boil water and cook pasta, cooking to al dente. When draining pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Place pasta in a strainer, and using the same dutch oven, heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and shallots, and cooking 3-5 minutes, until shallots are slightly translucent.
- Next add the white cooking wine and the clam juice, and bring to quick boil.
- Add the clams and mussels, and cover the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes or until all the clams and mussels have opened.
- Remove the cover and stir in the pesto sauce, mixing thoroughly, keeping a medium low light.
- Immediately add the cooked linguine and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water, and mix well.
- Add salt and chopped herbs. Can add a little more reserved pasta water if needed. Mix well and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta