Author Notes: A southwest take on a classic sandwich recipe. —mommiecooks
of a Baguette
tablespoons Olive Oil
Cumin and Chili Powder for Sprinkling
Slices of Bacon
Cup of Mayonnaise
Ancho Chili, Chopped
cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
cup Arugula Lettuce
tablespoon Cilantro, Chopped
In This Recipe
- Start out by chopping up your baguette into 3/4" slices.
- Brush the olive oil over the top of the pieces and sprinkle them with your cumin and chili powder.
- Next up, you'll mix together the mayo. salsa, and the chili pepper.
- Spread your mixture over the top of your baguette bites.
- Now it's time to add your shredded cheese.
- Now, take your cheesed up crostinis and throw them into the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes; just long enough to get the cheese good and melted.
- While they're in the oven, grab your bacon and fry it up.
- Pull out the cooked up pieces, let them cool and drain, and then cut them into thirds.
- Now, take your cooked up crostinis and place a piece of bacon, then the arugula and finally the chopped tomatoes.
- Finish them off by sprinkling a couple leaves of fresh cilantro over the top.