If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the easiest recipe ever, but it tastes delicious. I created it when I first got a slow cooker, because I love rice pudding. The proportions come from some rice pudding recipes from Mark Bittman, who prepared his in the oven, but a slow cooker is more energy efficient and convenient. The cooking time needs to be calibrated to any individual slow cooker. —Fairmount_market
quart whole milk
cup rice, such as jasmine
handful toasted almond slivers for garnish (optional)
handful sliced fresh figs or some other fruit for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except the almonds and fruit in a slow cooker and cook on low for about 6 hours until all the milk has absorbed and the pudding has thickened. If a skin forms on the top, you can just stir this into the pudding at the end.
- Serve garnished with toasted slivered almonds and, if you have some, fresh sliced figs, or you could use sections of clementines.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom