Author Notes: Olives, spice, citrus - simply said. I first came across this recipe in a little book of Moroccan cooking......easy to adapt, use your favourite spices and herbs and add a touch of citrus. —Kitchen Butterfly
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) green or tan olives, unpitted
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely sloced
- 4 - 5 kumquat skins chopped up, membrane and seeds eaten, discarded or saved for making jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Good pinch of (dry-roasted) cumin
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Crack the olives to break the flesh but not the stone. You can do this by pressing the flesh with your fingers. Leave in cold water overnight.
- Drain the olives and put in a jar. Combine all the other ingredients and stir into the olives.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 week before use, shaking the jars occasionally.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives