If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ever since a certain broccoli rabe and italian sausage pizza came across my taste buds at Motorino Pizzeria in Brooklyn, I have been in love with the combination of these flavours.
Tonight, finding myself lacking in sausage, pizza dough, or the motivation needed to procure them, I decided to dress up a large bunch of broccoli rabe with the sweet and hot flavours you might find in good italian sausage. —winwin
- 1 dash olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, roughly chopped
- 1 handful fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Add olive oil to heated pan.
- Add garlic and cook lightly for a minute on medium heat, being careful not to burn.
- Add broccoli rabe and let cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally until bright green and still slightly crunchy.
- Sprinkle fennel seeds, chili flakes, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste.