Author Notes: I love a nice cool lime drink on a hot summer evening. I am a self admitted gin hound too. So, The Gin Gimlet is a perfect foil for a scortcher of a day. It has minimal ingredients...only three. It can be made with vodka, but why? It is most important that all the ingredients be very cold. This is my method to ensure a cold and frosty drink. Nunc est bibendum!!! —dymnyno
Serves: 1 large drink
4 ounces gin, my favorite gin is 209
1/2 ounce Rose's Lime Juice
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1 thin slice of lime as garnish
- Fill a pint glass with ice.
- Add the gin, Rose's Lime Juice and fresh lime juice.
- Bury the pint glass or shaker in ice. (no shaking!)
- Wait TEN minutes . Wipe the rim of a martini glass with lime.
- Strain the cocktail into a martini glass and garnish with a slim slice of lime.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail