If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had the pleasure of dining at Komi in Washington, DC when it had just opened. The amuse bouche was a stuffed fresh date. I have played with the flavors using figs (which I prefer to dates.) This is a lovely appetizer, elegant, simple and tasty. —MrsWheelbarrow
- 12 ripe figs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone, approximately
- 2 tablespoons Chestnut honey
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Excellent Olive Oil
- Fleur de Sel
- Preheat oven to 425
- Dip figs in boiling water to wash. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix marscapone, honey & thyme together and put in a pastry bag with a small tip.
- Push the tip into the base of the fig and squeeze some of the cheese mixture in. Not too much or the fig will split.
- Place the figs stem side up on a sheet pan lined with parchment and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the fig cool for a minute or two, then plate two figs per person, drizzling with olive oil and sprinkling with fleur de sel. Decorate with a thyme sprig.