Author Notes: I had the pleasure of dining at Komi in Washington, DC when it had just opened. The amuse bouche was a stuffed fresh date. I have played with the flavors using figs (which I prefer to dates.) This is a lovely appetizer, elegant, simple and tasty. —MrsWheelbarrow
cup mascarpone, approximately
tablespoons Chestnut honey
Fresh thyme leaves
Excellent Olive Oil
Fleur de Sel
- Preheat oven to 425
- Dip figs in boiling water to wash. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix marscapone, honey & thyme together and put in a pastry bag with a small tip.
- Push the tip into the base of the fig and squeeze some of the cheese mixture in. Not too much or the fig will split.
- Place the figs stem side up on a sheet pan lined with parchment and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the fig cool for a minute or two, then plate two figs per person, drizzling with olive oil and sprinkling with fleur de sel. Decorate with a thyme sprig.