Author Notes: maida bases halwa —pauljoseph
Carrot and beetroot (grated) - 1 cup
All purpose flour(Maida) 1 cup
Milk 2 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Cashew nuts(chopped) - 1 tbsp
In This Recipe
- heat milk in a deep bottomed pan. Stir in maida and mix well so that no lumps are formed.
- Add grated carrot , beet , sugar and 1/2 cup hot water continue stirring in low flame.
- Add ghee and stir well.
- heat a little ghee and fry cashew nuts till golden in color. Add ghee and stir well.
- Add fried cashew nuts and cardamom powder into the carrot mixture and continue stirring in low flame until a thick consistency is attained.
- Transfer the carrot halwa contents into a greased plate. When cool, cut into desired shapes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe