Author Notes: A friend gave me this recipe when I was stumped for an interesting appetizer to bring to a cocktail party. —carolinesf
cup mascarpone cheese
cup marcona almonds
cup balsamic vinegar
- Rinse and halve the figs.
- Put a dollop of mascarpone cheese and a marcona almond or two on the cut side of each fig.
- In a small saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil and simmer for a few minutes, until reduced to a couple tablespoons of syrup.
- Drizzle the balsamic syrup over the figs and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe