If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up in an italian household risotto was and still is one of my favourite comfort foods especially on those cold winter evenings.
This recipe was given to me by my aunt, who next to my mother is one of the best cooks I know. This recipe is well worth standing over the stove stirring constantly for the 15 minutes or so minutes it takes to cook. I love the way the mascarpone coats the tongue. Its definately company worthy.
Buon appetito! —Franca
- 5 carrots shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 250 gram container mascaropone cheese (preferably Polenghi)
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed stock pot over medium heat. Sauté onions and carrot in butter until softened but not browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add white wine & evaporate almost fully.
- Stir the rice until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of stock; stirring until liquid is almost completely absorbed. Repeat this process with remaining broth, stirring constantly. Incorporating the broth should take 15 to 20 minutes in all.
- Stir in mascarpone, 3 tablespoons Parmesan until cheeses are incorporated & risotto is creamy.
- Season to taste with black pepper. Divide risotto among 6 bowls, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe