If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been eating more veggies than ever. I like to have veggies ready to go and a la grecque is a great way to have tasty veggies around all the time. I have dedicated a shelf in the fridge for a few small casseroles each with a different veggie, be it cauliflower, when we have them baby fennel, or these carrots. If you need a salad in a pinch you have it on hand. As always the freshest best ingredients you can lay your hands on are going to make the best food. —thirschfeld
Makes 12 or more carrots
- 12 carrots, less than 3/4 inch in diameter, peeled and trimmed
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- a few grinds of fresh ground white pepper
- Place all the ingredients into a saute pan and bring it to a boil. Cook the carrots until tender. If all the water has evaporated before they are tender add a little more. On the other hand if they are tender and there is more than a tablespoon of water remove the carrots to a casserole and continue to reduce the liquid to about a tablespoon.
- When you have finished step one place the carrots into a shallow sided dish and pour the dressing from the pan over them. Allow the carrots to cool completely then serve or store them in the fridge until needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe