Author Notes: I found this recipe in a wonderful Lithuanian cooking blog "Beatos Virtuve". Excellent Recipe! —Ausra
clove of garlic
cup heavy cream
cup grated parmesan
bunch asparagus, trimmed
pound prosciuto, thinly sliced
In This Recipe
- Blanche asparagus in a large pot of salted boiling water for about five minutes. Drain, rinse with ice-cold water and place on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Mix cream, egg and minced garlic in a small pitcher.
- Unwrap and unroll puff pastry, place it on a baking sheet. On the unrolled pastry sheet cut a 1mm-deep slit around the whole perimeter, about 1/2 inch away from the edges (in other words, mark a smaller rectangle wwithin the sheet of puff pastry, cutting only halfway through the thickness). This will be the rim of your tart.
- Bake the prepared puff pastry at 400oF for about 5 minutes, until it is all puffy. Take out of the oven and press down the middle of the rectangle, not touching the puffy edges.
- Lay slices of prosciutto and then dry blanched asparagus in a single layer on a half-baked puff pastry. Carefully pour egg and cream mixture to cover the asparagus. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return back to the oven and bake until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)