Author Notes: A simple recipe that combines everyday ingredients into an exceptional quiche. —adamnsvetcooking
pound Cleaned and chopped kale (or 1/2 lb of frozen)
Medium white onion
cup Crumbled feta cheese
cup Currants, rehydrated in water
Red pepper flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
tablespoon Olive oil
In This Recipe
- Slice onion and place in pan with oil and allow to caramelize.
- Add kale, currants and red pepper flakes to pan and combine with onions. Saute until kale is soft. Cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, cheese and milk. Whisk until mixture is homogeneous.
- Add contents of pan to egg mixture and stir until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour final mixture into pie crust and bake (400F) until golden-brown on top ~40- 50 mins.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)