Five Two Double-Sided Cutting Board
10,000+ cooks helped us create this cutting board.
Almost all good cooking starts with honest chopping and slicing on a cutting board—now we’ve created one with you, the Food52 community. You asked for A+ quality, generous dimensions, and handy details, and you bet we listened. Together, we’ve dreamed up the best chopping, carving—heck, serving, too!—board this world has ever seen:
- Two workspaces: 73% of you told us you needed a multi-functional board, so we made one side specifically for carving, while giving the other side ample chopping space (it’s also great for serving up charcuterie).
- Solid American maple: 70% of you asked for high-quality wood that would be durable enough to last for years and years.
- An extra-deep juice groove: This was our #1 write-in request from community members—over 800 of you wanted a solution for the overflow that comes with carving and chopping especially juicy items. We heard you loud and clear, so we made our juice groove extra-deep to cover all the bases. Then we went one step further, adding a well in the corner to catch drippings and prevent countertop spills. When you’re finished slicing or carving, tilt and pour off the remaining juices with the handy spout (then use ’em for sauces and stocks).
- Easy to grip: 60% of you wanted features that would help you lift the board, no sweat, so we swapped traditional handles for an easy-grip edge. (Which also means maximum surface area.)
- Just-right thickness: 7,000 of you put your hands up for something sturdy enough to stay put as you chop yourself silly, but still light enough to carry into a room full of hungry guests.
- And…bonus! We added a phone slot: This feature was our innovation, and we put it through 4 rounds of prototyping until we got it just right. It lets your smartphone stand tall, giving you quick, easy access to notes and recipes. (It also helps keep eggs from rolling away.)
Together, we believe we can make just about everything and make it better. Let us know what you think at [email protected]
Photography by Ty Mecham & Rocky Luten
Details & Materials -
Solid American Maple
The board is 18" L x 13" W x 1" H. The juice groove measures 0.75" W x 0.25" H. The smartphone slot measures 0.75" W x 0.50" H (we put it through 4 rounds of testing to make sure it would fit the widest possible variety of smartphones).
Care & Notes
Give your board a gentle wash after every use. Mild soap and warm water are your friends here, but steer clear of the dishwasher. Dry the board with a towel immediately after washing and it’ll always be ready to spring back into action. To ensure your board lasts a lifetime, apply mineral oil generously on regular basis or any time the wood feels dry.
Shipping & Returns
View our Return Policy.
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Have cheese plate anxiety? Get a primer from a 'monger at our local Bedford Cheese Shop.
Get all of our best turkey carving tips to make sure that, come Thanksgiving, you don't slice off more than you can chew.
And a fool-proof way to test for sharpness
Five Two Double-Sided Cutting Board
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top Story11 Lightning-Quick Chicken Recipes for Conquering Any Weeknight
So Hot Right Now
Big Little RecipesThis Salted Peanut Butter Pie Is All About the Fudgy 3-Ingredient Filling
Change the Way You BakeA One-Ingredient Trick to Make Any Cake 1,000 Times Better
Genius RecipesThe Key to the Most Flavorful Braised Chicken on the Block