🔎

• 6

• 1075

Can anyone give me a good receipe for pulled pork?

keel added about 2 years ago

This is my favorite pulled pork recipe. It uses rot beer instead of barbecue sauce. So easy but so delicious!

http://justjennrecipes...

Gator_cake

I'm a giant fan of pulled pork with Carolina mustard sauce. The indoor version from Cook's Illustrated is spectacular. It incorporates liquid smoke into the brine and wet rub to make it taste like it was cooked outdoors. Send me a message if you'd like links to the recipe for the pork and the mustard sauce.

Baci1
HalfPint added about 2 years ago

Make a slow-cooker kalua pork: take a pork butt (~3-4 lbs), rub with 1-2 Tb liquid smoke and 1Tb salt. Put in a slow-cooker/crockpot and cook on low for about 6-7 hours or until pork is tender and falling apart. Take out of cooker and shredded the meat with your hands or 2 forks. Add the cooking liquid (there will be a lot of it) if the meat looks a little dry. Then add whatever sauce you want to the shredded pork.

I've used this meat for pulled pork sandwiches, tacos, enchiladas, even hash.

dczarnec added about 2 years ago

I have a similar recipe for Kalua Pork that I cook in the oven. It too only contains salt, a little liquid smoke and water added to cut up pork butt. It is so delicious that I often serve it plain with the cooking juices over some jasmine rice. Yum!

Jenn Aiello added about 2 years ago

Thanks so much everyone!

Bigpan
bigpan added about 2 years ago

Slow and low is the answer.