🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Mujaddara with Spiced Yogurt

010411f_496

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Mujaddara with Spiced Yogurt" from Rivka. It says:

"Add rice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 cups water to the pot, set over medium heat, and bring to a boil. When water begins to boil, cover pot, transfer to oven, and cook for 17 minutes (the tried-and-true Amanda Hesser method!) until perfectly cooked. Remove from oven, uncover, and fluff with a fork. Set aside." What is the time difference for brown jasmine rice as opposed to white jasmine rice in this stovetop to oven technique? I'm afraid to lift the lid of my pan to keep checking because each time I do this I release all the steam. Thanks!

asked by MargaretMartinWinn about 2 years ago
Profilepic

Sorry, never tried brown rice in the oven so I'm not sure, but I'd guess 45 min.

Scan0004

For the fragrant brown rices, the cooking time is still short -- maybe 3 - 5 min more, if necessary. You could just cook it on the stove top.