🔎

A question about a recipe: Tuscan Turkey Roulade

I have a question about the recipe "Tuscan Turkey Roulade" from HalfPint. What white wine would you serve with this? My Thanksgiving sides will be fairly standard. Using a brand new feature here, you can click on my profile and then on the link to the left for "Thanksgiving Menu" to see the whole menu (as envisioned now). Thanks, everyone! ;o)

45_thumb
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only
ChezHenry added over 1 year ago

Chassagne Montrachet if you have the money. To be honest I would choose an Oregon Pinot Noir as it is Thanksgiving and perhaps we should keep it "American," but I see that you are interested in White Wines.

Summer of Eggplant added over 1 year ago

I would do a non-oaky American Chardonnay.

Baci1
HalfPint added over 1 year ago

Since we made and ate this at a B&B in Tuscany, we had it with a Chianti. Not sure what label. I'm guessing that Giullietta got it from one of her neighbors with a vineyard. You can't go wrong with anything that that is labeled 'Chianti Classico Riserva'. They run about $25-$50 a bottle, not cheap, but not heart-stopping either. I've read that 2009 was an excellent year.

Baci1
HalfPint added over 1 year ago

If you have your heart set on a white wine, a pino grigio would work. I like Santa Margherita. I use to get it from Costco for ~$15.

gingerroot added over 1 year ago

I've never had it with turkey, but my go-to favorite food friendly white is a Rousanne from Zaca Mesa. It pairs deliciously with everything from slightly spicy asian food to steak with a bold chimichurri. It runs about $25. http://www.zacamesa.com...

lloreen added over 1 year ago

your menu looks fabulous! I think a dry Riesling is great with turkey and all the sweet favors of the sides.. Maybe something sparkling to begin...

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Thanks, everyone! And for the record, a new Beaujolais will also be flowing. We have one person though who doesn't care much for red wine; thus my interest in finding a good white. ;o)

3-bizcard

I always serve a nice white but my favorite with turkey is Lambrusco Rosso, it's not a heavy red, sparkling, light and just the right balance for a pretty heavy meal. No one really drinks white wine in my family and my favorite wine merchant told be to try the Lambrusco and I was hooked, I serve it every year now.

L1020855
CHeeb added over 1 year ago

Prosecco , anyone???

Fredavatar
fredcipes added over 1 year ago

Gewurztraminer makes a great turkey wine.