🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Ginger Apple Torte

111610f_372

I have a question about the recipe "Ginger Apple Torte" from drbabs. Is a springform pan really necessary? Will a bunt or another type of baking pan work just as good?

asked by Day about 2 years ago
Monita_photo

It's probably ok to make it in a bundt pan but keep in mind that the batter amount used for a bundt pan is more than a spring form so your cake may not rise to fill the whole pan. I'd also make sure to grease the pan well because it may a little more difficult to remove it than it would be from a springform

If you don't have a spring form pan, I think a regular cake pan would work better than a Bundt pan. It's more cake than bread, but there's only a little bit of leavening (baking soda,) so it doesnt rise really high and probably won't fill your Bundt pan. I also think it will be hard to remove, and the best part of the cake is the top that gets shiny and crunchy when you bake it sprinkled with raw sugar. You'll miss that. If you use a regular cake pan, butter and flour it well, and line the bottom with parchment.

Day

Thanks for the advice :)