🔎

• 4

• 1749

Storing fried onions

I made fried onions to go on my green bean casserole. Both the recipe I used and another, similar one say to store them in air-tight containers. Neither one mentions if they should be stored in the fridge or at room temp. Any suggestions?

Sue A. added over 1 year ago

I would wait until they are all the way cool & then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Make sure they are cool or they will develop condensation and get soggy.

FutureChef added over 1 year ago

I wouldn't store in a fridge. Once cool, I would store with some sort of desiccant or at least paper towels in an airtight container.

Merrill

You may have already put them in the fridge, but I agree with FutureChef -- I think they would hold up best stored at room temp.

darksideofthespoon added over 1 year ago

Room temp, for sure. Also if you're using them within the day I wouldn't bother keeping them in an air tight container. Resto I used to work at used fried shallots on all their salads and they kept the best this way.