🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

My husband is an Argentina Jew and he loves a certain Jewish pasta dish his grandmother makes. It is a pressed/dried pasta called "farfalej." It is not boiled, but sauteed with onion and then you add water/broth. When I tried to find it here I cannot figure out the name in English. Any ideas??

asked by KLL5 about 4 years ago
Merrill

I think it's just called farfel here. And I believe it's the same thing as "egg barley," which I actually wrote a blog post about several months ago: http://www.food52.com/blog...

Yes, that is exactly it. That soup recipe looks amazing too. Thank you!

Yes, it is farfel. My grandmother used to cook this for us all the time just as the question-asker described. Hmm. It's been decades since I ate it. Time for a new side dish.

"Farfel" was also the name of a canine puppet character on the Milton Berle show (I'm not making this up). You could substitute israeli couscous.