A question about a recipe: Eggplant Parmesan

Eggplant_parm

I have a question about the recipe "Eggplant Parmesan" from Nancy Jo. I'm sure this is sacrilege, but if I swapped the eggplant for zucchini would I need to do anything differently?

asked by Sophie Wallerstedt about 1 month ago
Junechamp

added about 1 month ago

Frying time might be a bit less, but otherwise, I don't think there'd be much difference. Why not give it a go and let us know how it turns out?

20140820_134313
added about 1 month ago

Not sacrilege at all. I often swap the two depending what looks best. I don't salt and drain eggplant, but I probably would salt and dry the zuc. I always do when I make zoodles.

added about 1 month ago

I think the key is to salt and dry teh zucchini so you're finally product isn't too wet.

Ss061409ni177
added about 1 month ago

No sacrilege at all! I would try the same technique. Go for it and let me know how it is!

Stringio
added about 1 month ago

My Mother makes Zucchini Parm all the time in the summer. Do salt and dry the zucchini as it will get soggy. Very soggy.

added about 1 month ago

There was a recipe for a zucchini parm in serious eats this wk.