🔎

A question about a recipe: Homemade Ricotta

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Ricotta" from fraƮchement. I've made this recipe many times to rave reviews, and I'm craving it right now and there is no whole milk in the house! Can it be made with skim milk?

3-bizcard

I have read that you can but results can be varied. For the best result its best to use whole milk that said from everything i have read its possible. Do you have heavy cream or half and half you can spike the skim milk to fatten it up.

Fraichement2
fraƮchement added almost 3 years ago

I certainly would try it if I were you. I think you'll have a delicious batch of ricotta for baked goods, pastas, and even to add to a bowl of fruit with a drop of honey. Don't expect it to be entirely creamy and flavorful--the all-fat milk usually brings in this sort of richness

Granolagirl added almost 3 years ago

Thank you! It's worth a shot, I usually have buttermilk and skim milk in the house, but rarely have whole milk. I would love to be able to do this on the fly any time we're in the mood!