🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: All I Want For Christmas Peanut Butter Cookies

100411-food52-4

I made this last week with Jif and it was amazing. Today, I inadvertently grabbed Whole Foods natural peanut butter to make these for a party tomorrow. Of course when I opened it - there was that separated layer - but the cookies look and taste great (I mixed the PB layers very well in the jar). Any particular reason to avoid the natural peanut butter?

asked by meganvt01 almost 3 years ago

No, not at all. Natural peanut butters are better for you. Jiff and other PB use hydrogenated oils which is unhealthy. Jiff also as some added sugars so you might a more 'peanut' flavor to the batch of cookies using a recipe that calls for Jif.

My only probably with natural Peanut butters is the oil and mixing. It can be quite messy to incorporate.
I use this: http://www.amazon.com/Witmer...

It's a yet another kitchen gadget, but I love mine. Even tho I only buy PB once or so a year. Always natural no sugar added, as it's good for using satay and Asain dipping sauces.

Pbstirrer

3-bizcard

I love that gadget Sam, you are a wealth of information. I love natural peanut butter but hate having to mix it. How perfect.

Yes, my partner thinks it's overkill. But I think it's great gadget. As when I stir in the oil from natural peanut butter with a fork or knife, I klutz it up and end up with oil dripping around the jar, the counter top, my hands, and floor. Plus you could use it for a Halloween costume as Captain Hook. Arrrgah.

Scan0004

That was answered by Mrs. W in the comments -- but it you had good results, you have your own answer!

Meg_b_f52

I didn't see her responses to any comments, just FoodieFlirt's own guess at it.

I really miss the edit button..I fail at proof reading.

I can't see why it would be a problem. Less sugar in the peanut butter may be an issue if you like your cookies super sweet, but I make my peanut butter cookies with natural peanut butter and have never had any problems with flavor, baking or storage.