Author Notes: I love avocado and basil and am not too fond of mayonnaise and sour cream. So here you have just the fresh green tastes! This has been tested with carnivores, vegans, vegitarians and flexitarians and it is a unanimous thumbs up.
The beauty of this recipe is that all ingredients are really according to taste. If you like heat, add more chilis. And one can never have too much fresh basil! - SKK - SKK
Food52 Review: This guacamole looks and tastes like summer afternoons in Seattle: bright green, fresh, and a little spicy if you choose your company well. I took it to my friend’s bridal shower, where it kept drawing people over to table until they’d polished it off. SKK balances the flavors perfectly, while still allowing room for customization. And she’s right -- let the flavors mix a couple of hours if you can. They’ll reward you and the lime juice will preserve the color wonderfully. I was thrilled to see it still a brilliant green even after two hours on the table. Next time, I’ll make it just for myself so I can add all the jalapeno seeds. - Syronai - beyondcelery
Makes 3 cups approximately
- 1 Shallot, medium
- 1 Serrano or Jalapeno Chili, small with our without seeds
- 2 Avocados (preferably Hass) large or 4 small
- 2 handfuls Fresh Basil
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt - preferably sea salt
- Drop shallot and chili onto moving food processor blade. If you like heat, include the seeds.
- Add rest of ingredients and process until the guacamole is the consistency you like.
- Let the favors mix a couple of hours, if you can. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food