If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Pie is for me a variation of a Quiche, but without custard.
This full- flavored pie paired with a tossed green salad is a delicious lunch, brunch or even a Sunday breakfast.
Serves 8- 10
Ingredients for the crust:
- • 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- • 2 sticks cold butter
- • 1 cup sour cream
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • ½ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the mushroom filling:
- • 2 pounds fresh mushrooms (any kind you like or a variety of 2-3)
- • 2 medium onions( diced)
- • 3 tablespoons olive oil
- • 2 tablespoons dry mushroom soup ( I prefer (OSEM) instant soup & seasoning mix
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 cup of each shredded cheese (Gruyere and Cheddar)
- • 2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- • 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Put in a mixing bowl the flour, salt baking powder and baking soda. Mix until well combined. Add butter, precut in small pieces and with a knife or pastry cutter, work in the butter. You should see bits of butter thru the mixture. Add the sour cream and gather the dough together. Press in ¾ of the dough to an 8 by 8 casserole or glass baking dish with tall sides. The remaining ¼ of the dough (covered in plastic), and the baking dish with the crust, refrigerate until the filling is ready.
- In a large skillet sauté the onions until soft and lightly browned. Add mushrooms (each cut lengthwise) and continue to sauté on a medium flame until soft and browned. In one cup of boiling water dissolve the dry mushroom soup and pour in to the skillet. Continue cooking until the liquid is completely evaporated. Transfer to a bowl, taste for seasoning, add parsley and dill, and let it cool for a few minutes before adding the eggs. Mix in the eggs (lightly beaten).
- To assemble the pie, take out the chilled baking dish with the dough from refrigerator. Spread the mushroom filling, sprinkle the chesses on top. Roll out the remaining ¼ of the dough, cut it in strips and orange them on the top of the pie in a pattern you like. Some time I shred the cold dough on a large side of the grader. Bake in a 350 degrees preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes. Serve hot or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.