If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a dish that was once a romantic pasta course at a restaurant named Chanterelle and has now become a family favorite. It can be a little rich, so I sometimes add stock to the cream. - edamame2003 —edamame2003
Food52 Review: This delightful recipe illustrates perfectly how a few well-chosen ingredients, thoughtfully prepared, can come together easily with great results. I could not find fresh chanterelles, but had some excellent dried ones, which I used instead. Their gentle, earthy nature perfectly complements the bacon and shallots. The cream gives the dish a touch of richness, while the bright green peas make it rather pretty. Instead of broth, I used some of the mushroom’s soaking liquid, which I reduced with the shallots and mushrooms just before adding the bacon and cream. Mr. T’s comment says it all: “Very nice lunch!” - AntoniaJames
- 1 pound chanterelle mushroom
- 1/4 cup pancetta or bacon (diced)
- 1 shallot, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 pound dry farfalle pasta
- shaved pecorino cheese to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- stock (optional)
- lightly brown the pancetta and drain off the oil.
- boil the pasta until al dente.
- slice the chanterelle into thin bite-size slices and add to the pancetta, along with the shallots. let the chanterelle juices release.
- Add cream. let the cream reduce to about half. You can add a bit of stock here to thin out the sauce.
- Add cooked peas and turn off the heat.
- toss the farfalle with butter; and place on two plates. Add the chanterelle sauce on top.
- top with pecorino, salt and pepper to taste.
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.