If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, delicious breakfast made with home made whole wheat bread, a smear of smashed avocado and pesto to taste is a good way to start your morning. If you want to top it with a soft boiled farm fresh egg, be my guest. —thirschfeld
- 4 Slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 Avocado, peeled, seeded, smashed
- 1/4 cup Slivered almonds
- 2 cups Packed sorrel leaves, tough stems removed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Place the almonds, sorrel, cheese, garlic, a pinch of salt and a few grinds Of pepper into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until everything is minced and then drizzle in a 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Scrapes down the sides. Add more oil if the pesto isn't a consistency to your liking. Pulse.
- Toast the bread, set it on a plate, bowl up some pesto, do the same with the avocado and let your diners decide how much of a smear they want on their toast.
- Any leftover pesto would be great on pasta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.