If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I never would have thought about putting corn on a pizza, but now I can't think about anything but. The corn are juicy bursts of summer and combine with the cheese to make a truly great pie. Want to up the ante? Make the pizza on the grill! - biggreencookbook
- Your favorite pizza dough recipe
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, be careful not to brown. Remove oil from pan and discard garlic. Add a swirl of oil to pan and add onions and bell peppers. Sauté till soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Cut corn from cob and add to vegetables.
- Lightly flour surface. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of cornmeal. Roll out pizza dough into a 13 inch circle. Transfer to a baking sheet. Brush dough with garlic oil. Top with vegetable mixture. Cover with shredded cheese, salt, and red pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob