Author Notes: I never would have thought about putting corn on a pizza, but now I can't think about anything but. The corn are juicy bursts of summer and combine with the cheese to make a truly great pie. Want to up the ante? Make the pizza on the grill! - biggreencookbook
- Your favorite pizza dough recipe
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, be careful not to brown. Remove oil from pan and discard garlic. Add a swirl of oil to pan and add onions and bell peppers. Sauté till soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Cut corn from cob and add to vegetables.
- Lightly flour surface. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of cornmeal. Roll out pizza dough into a 13 inch circle. Transfer to a baking sheet. Brush dough with garlic oil. Top with vegetable mixture. Cover with shredded cheese, salt, and red pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob