If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Being Polish, this was adapted using our popular ingredients over the years. - loubaby
Makes 12 cups
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh fennel, chopped
- 1 pound smoked pork Kielbasa sausage, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 dried bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 pound loaf challah bread, torn (or Polish Babka)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Melt butter in heated large skillet over medium high heat; saute onions, celery and fennel until browned about 12 minutes. Add sausage and garlic; cook 5 minutes. Stir in salt, thyme, pepper and bay leaves and cook 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if challah is not stale, spread out cubes in baking sheet and dry out in 250 oven about 30 minutes, stirring once.
- Combine sausage vegetable mixture with bread and add chicken broth as needed to make a moist but not soggy mixture.
- Fill a 16 lb prepared turkey with stuffing. Cook turkey as directed. Otherwise place stuffing in a roasting pan; cover and bake 350 about an hour until done. Uncover for last 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.