If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy alternative to traditional stuffing and can be done in a bird. However, when baked on its own, it gets a nice crispy crust on the top, which is a great combination of textures when enjoyed with the soft and warm middle. As an option, garnish this stuffing with parsley and chili threads, which complement the bright red cranberries and add to the texture. —Mariya
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup onion-small dice
- 1/2 cup celery-small dice
- 2 teaspoons thyme-minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms-quartered
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sherry vinaigrette
- 1 cup cranberries (can use fresh or frozen-defrosted)-cut in half
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Combine eggs, milk, and water and whisk well; add flour and salt to the mixture and whisk.
- On high, heat a non-stick pan (must be very hot) and ladle crepe batter into pan, using a ~1 oz spoon; swish batter around the pan and cook on one side (~45 sec or until lightly brown), flip crepe and cook on the other side (~30 sec or until lightly brown); repeat with remainder of batter. Cut crepes into 1/2 inch cubes and reserve.
- Saute onion and celery in olive oil until soft, add thyme and chili powder; season and reserve.
- On high heat, brown mushrooms in olive oil; once fully browned, season, turn off heat, and finish with sherry vinaigrette; reserve.
- In a bowl, combine crepes, sauteed celery, browned mushrooms, and cranberries and gently mix.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and transfer mixture; pour in chicken stock and bake in a 375F oven until top is nicely brown (~20 min).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Stuffing
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Fruit roll-ups are baaaaack (and homemade)!
Have a ball (jar).