If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Basically I needed a platform for some rutabagas, and this idea materialized. It is another modifiable recipe that can be catered to things in your pantry, leftover grains (great with wild rice too), you name it. You can easily make a test crêpe and adjust liquid or flour depending on what grain you choose.
I love the sweet and earthy flavor of a rutabaga, but feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand along with the ricotta mixture. Some good options are mushrooms, caramelized onions, zucchini, fresh tomatoes (would be good roasted or raw), a big pile of greens, a fried egg (or any combination thereof!). - savorthis
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I prefer red)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, ground
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 12 asparagus
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- black pepper
- Blend eggs, flour, milk, salt and 1/2 cup quinoa until smooth. Stir in green onions, pecans and remaining quinoa. Melt butter in a nonstick pan, add batter swirling pan to spread batter. Once bottom has browned, flip crêpe and cook a few more moments. Remove to plate and repeat until batter is gone. Crêpes can be put in refrigerator or frozen for later use.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet and brown veggies in two batches with a pinch of salt. Toss with cracked pepper.
- Mix ricotta with zest, parsley and s&p to taste.
- To assemble, spread 1/4 of the ricotta over half of four crepes. Place veggies on half the ricotta mixture and fold the other ricotta half over the veggies. Then fold the crepe again so it is a triangle. Bake at 400 until heated through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory