If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: British food has evolved tremendously and you can eat really nice food in pubs.
I can't remember the pub's name but I ate garlic and rosmary's fries and they were to die for.
The refrigerating process for the fries I learned a long time ago and it really works it's magic! When I have enough time I also refrigerate them between the first and second frying, it yields a brilliant crispy fry unlike anything you've ever tried! —Maria Teresa Jorge
- 8 Idaho or Russet potatoes
- 8 garlics with pink skin on
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Canola oil enough for frying
- 2 pinches Fleur de Sel
- Peel and cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Then cut again each slice into 1/4 inch thick fries. Put in a large bowl and wash thoroughly to remove all the starch. Fill the bowl with cold water, add 2 cups ice cubes and put in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a deep pan pour enough oil for frying, add the garlic and rosemary and heat to 325º. OIL SHOULD BE TWICE THE VOLUME OF POTATOES FRYING AT ANY ONE TIME.
- Drain the potatoes in batches, dry in a kitchen tea towel and fry also in batches (less is better) at 325º until yellow. Remove garlic, rosemary and potatoes with a slotted spoon and drain in paper towel. Finish all the potatoes at this temperature.
- Heat the oil to 375º.
- Put aside the fried garlics and rosemary to serve with the potatoes.
- Fry the potatoes for a second time in batches at 375º until golden brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. At this point season with some fine sea salt and fresh milled pepper.
- Serve hot in a bowl, add the fried garlic and rosemary and sprinkle wth a little Fleur de Sel on top
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.