If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: Simplicity at it's finest. 3 simple additions make this lettuce wrap one of the tastiest and easiest lunches one could ever make. - mtlabor
- 2 pieces iceberg lettuce
- 2 pieces bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 pieces pickled jalapenos
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to a rolling simmer. Add vinegar. This will keep the egg from separating when you put it into the water.
- Crack egg into simmering water. Poach for about 2-3 minutes, or until whites are completely coagulated, but center is still oozy yolk.
- Arrange 2 pieces of iceberg lettuce on top of eachother and place bacon inside. Top with poached egg (crack it if you'd like - the more yolk all over the place, the better), and garnish with jalapeno slices.
- Fold lettuce over to wrap all the goods and dig on in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce