If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently noticed that I had an extra jar of chunky salsa on hand from my recipe-testing day job. Now, a thing to know about me is that I'm a salsa snob (fresh is best!). So, this leftover jar of salsa wasn't going to get much love.
Cue this recipe. I used that chunky salsa and pureed it up with a chipotle pepper. When it's through with a spin in the blender, you actually can't even tell it's salsa! It's just a spicy tomato sauce. I served it here with shrimp, and polenta cakes but this would also be a good sauce to serve with grilled chicken, steak or fish. - foxeslovelemons
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 roll refrigerated polenta, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (plus a teaspoon of the adobo sauce if you'd like it extra spicy)
- 1 jar (15.5 ounces) mild chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions (white and light green parts only), finely chopped
- 1-1/4 pounds raw 26-30 count peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°. In a nonstick skillet or on a griddle sprayed with nonstick spray, cook polenta slices for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a rimmed baking pan and place in oven to keep warm.
- In a blender or food processor, puree chipotle pepper and salsa until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are softened. Add shrimp, cook 3 minutes. Stir in wine, marjoram, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Add salsa mixture; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and reach an internal temperature of 145°, stirring frequently.
- Serve shrimp mixture over polenta cakes, sprinkled with cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
Brown Butter Nutella Skillet Cookie
You deserve a mid-week pick-me-up.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Travel like Anthony Bourdain
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.