Author Notes: This fragrant simple and delicious frittata will brighten your morning. It's perfect for a Sunday brunch (or whenever you feel like making it). Works great for low-carb lifestyle, as it offers substance without the floury crust. - Eat Already!
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut small
- 3/4 cups hard cheese like Asiago, Romano, or Gryere, grated
- 1-2 ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
- Preheat the oven to 350F (170C).
- Beat the eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer onions into an oven safe dish. Add broccoli florets, distributing them evenly over the onions.
- Pour the egg mix over the broccoli. Add cheese over eggs.
- Arrange tomato slices over the cheese in a pretty way. It will look stunning if different color tomatoes are used.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until tomatoes are wilted and egg mix is set, but still somewhat soft.