If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pizza is a celebration of spring. Bursting with the flavors of zesty arugula, lemony basil, and grassy asparagus, it's as fresh and light as can be, yet comforting enough to make a simple weeknight supper. I use Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough and my own Vegan Pesto. - Gena Hamshaw
- 1/2 recipe (2 disks) Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough (http://food52.com/recipes/16641-jim-lahey-s-no-knead-pizza-dough)
- 1 batch Simple Vegan Pesto (http://food52.com/recipes/22291-simple-vegan-pesto)
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 cups loosely packed, fresh arugula
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place each dough disk onto a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a circle with a 10 to 12 inch diameter. Transfer each gently to a cookie sheet dusted with cornmeal or flour. Spread each with 1/2 cup of pesto (about half the recipe). Distribute asparagus evenly over the two pizzas.
- Place two pizzas in the oven and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until crust is golden and asparagus is lightly browned. Remove pizza from oven. Sprinkle one cup of arugula lightly over each pizza.
- Cut each pizza into halves or thirds, and serve!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls