If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After realizing that if a salad with an egg makes a good lunch or supper, it could certainly make a good breakfast (I mean, there's an egg there!), I became a total convert to the egg + salad breakfast. This is my current favorite. - fiveandspice
- 3 handfuls arugula
- 2 small radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 avocado, sliced - at least. You can use more if you’d like, I won’t judge.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1 large egg
- 1 splash white vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Fill a small pot – or a small but deep frying pan – with a couple inches of water. Cover and bring the water to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, toss the arugula and radishes with the lemon juice, olive oil, and a sprinkling of salt. Put in a wide, shallow bowl or on a plate. Sprinkle with the feta, and layer on the avocado slices. Sprinkle the avocado with another little pinch of salt.
- Gently crack the egg into a teacup or ramekin. When the water comes to a boil, add the splash of vinegar, remove the pot from the heat, and gently slide the egg into the water. Cover the pot and let it sit (still off the heat) for 4 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to gently remove the egg from the water, let it drain, then place it on top of the salad. Sprinkle the egg with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. (If you don’t feel coordinated enough to poach an egg in the morning, a fried egg works well on the salad as well.)
- Dig in! I like to break my egg into lots of little pieces and stir it up with the rest of the salad, but really you can eat it however you wish. It’s not a bad idea to have a piece of bread to mop up any egg yolk mixed with salad dressing that is leftover on the plate, but it’s not a requirement.
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.