If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up this recipe after tasting a jar of lemon artichoke pesto demonstrated at Costco and thought, why not make my own fresh artichoke pesto? I make pesto with basil and cilantro why not try it with artichokes? - Katbelle
Makes about 1 and 1/2 cups
- 1 cup Marinated artichokes in oil
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Roasted garlic
- 1/8 pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Using a food processor scoop out 1 cup marinated artichokes from the jar into the food processor bowl. Don't drain. You will need some of the oil clinging to the artichokes to make the pesto but you will not need all of it. Add 1/4 c pine nuts or walnuts, 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese, 1/4 c dried chopped or fresh onion, 1-2 tsp garlic powder (to taste). Garlic lovers add more! I added another heaping tbsp of roasted garlic. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice pepper. Add a pinch of salt, especially if using it as coating or stuffing in chicken breast, pork chops or fish. Pulse in a food processor until well blended. TASTE. Adjust garlic, lemon juice, pepper seasonings to taste. Be a little stingy here with the salt!
- This pesto can be used as coating or stuffing for chicken breasts, pork chops or fish. It makes a tasty garlic bread! It keeps well, refrigerated. It also freezes well in ice cube trays for later use.