If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have two resolutions (more like goals I guess!) for 2010 ... use everything in our weekly organic farm to work box and don't just give the "curveballs" away, and enter at least one thing on Food52 each week! :-) This is my run at the turnips I have been staring down from last week and can I just say it came out DELICIOUS! - aargersi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 3 medium turnips
- 3 large carrots
- 1 quart low salt fat free chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup fat free half n half
- chopped cilantro
- toasted sesame seeds
- Peel and coarsley chop the onion, turnips, carrots, garlic and ginger. Don't worry about finesse - you are going to blend it all anyhow.
- Heat the olive oil in large saucepan to medium high. Saute the onions for 3-4 minutes until they sweat. Add the garlic and saute for 2-3 more minutes. Add the carrots and turnips.
- Pour in the broth and simmer until the turnips and carrots are very soft - about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the ginger and turn off the heat. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes (safety first!) then add the peanut butter, half and half, sriracha and tamari.
- Use an immersion blender (or carefully blend in a regular blender if you dont have immersion) until VERY smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Return to heat and bring back to a simmer.
- Note that this soup is quite thick - if you prefer a thinner soup you can add some more broth.
- ladle into a bowl, top with sesame seeds and cilantro, and enjoy!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish